In honor of Wednesday having been National Running Day (read my somewhat personal post about why I run here), this week's Friday Five Link up is following suit. As always, thanks Mar, Cynthia and Courtney for hosting!!
For my five, I'm going to ask some questions of you more experienced runners. I have been running off and on since 2009, but only in the last year or so have really gotten into it...so I am definitely still learning!
|Me actually SMILING in a MarathonFoto pic! Marine Corps Marathon 2014|
1. Do you prefer running in the AM vs PM? I prefer the AM, but often times find myself too lazy Monday-Friday to get up and at it. If you are a PM runner, how do you do it? I get home from work, tend to the dog, and get dinner started. I suppose I could eat later...? But then, how late is too late?
2. What is your cross training method? Swimming? Biking? When I trained last summer/fall for MCM, I did not really cross train much at all. I have a bike, though am terrified of DC drivers, so prefer not to ride in their vicinity. Ha! I have a gym in my building (both work and home) with stationery bikes...and I am NOT a swimmer. Any other fun ideas?
3. Do you run with your significant other? Were they runners before you? As I have mentioned in the past, I have been trying to get my guy more involved and active. Trying to find ways to motivate him more!
4. What do you actually do on a rest day? Do you literally just rest? Or are you still doing weight training, yoga, etc?
5. What are your favorite stretching exercises? I'm pretty guilty of not stretching enough before or after any sort of run. Help!!
|The North Face Endurance Challenge 2015, Marathon Relay|