Today, I'm linking up yet again with the DC Trifecta (Courtney, Mar and Cynthia) for the Friday Five! I'll be sharing 5 of my favorite things about fall!!
1. Fall Races! Aren't they the best? The weather is almost always perfect, meaning the runners have a blast and usually more spectators come out to watch, too! Win-win! This fall race season starts off tomorrow for me, as I run the Clarendon Day 10k. Then, I'll have the Run10Feed10 10k Fun Run (thanks to Colleen for encouraging that last minute decision!!), the Army 10-Miler and wrap up the fall with the MCM10k!
|Scene at Mile 11 of 2014's Marine Corps Marathon|
2. Colors! Really, y'all. Who doesn't love all the warm colors of fall? The oranges, burgandies, yellows and golds! So pretty! I plan on heading out to the 'burbs in a couple of weeks with some friends for some Corn Mazing and pumpkin patching! Hopefully, the trees are ready for my arrival! :-)
|That tree, right?!?! Wowzers.|
3. Being outside! This sort of goes hand in hand with the first two, but really? The weather, the colors....all I want to do is be outside exploring or resting. It's just the best.
|Georgetown Waterfront, just being beautiful|
4. FOOTBALL!! You guys! The Falcons are currently 2-0! Who would have thought?!?! And my fantasy team isn't doing terribly either!!
5. Holiday prep. Christmas is 3 months from TODAY. Crazy, huh? So it's time to start figuring out holiday cards to mail all over the country and making that gift list and checking it twice. Have you been naughty or nice?
So there you have it! What are YOUR favorite things about fall? Any pumpkin spice latte fans out there? Any of you gonna be at Clarendon Day tomorrow?